I've had some lessons in flexibility the last few days. I made a white knuckle trip to the Ohio Secretary of State office in the snow and heavy traffic on Thursday and THOUGHT I was done with the dossier prep when I arrived home that evening. A "last check" of the documents on Friday afternoon found a staple issue that was a deal breaker.
So today the kids and I returned to Columbus with a couple of fresh documents to have them resealed. We left early so we could get back in time for co-op this afternoon. It was a long day of commitments, but I did manage to get to FedEx to overnight those important papers to our courier.
That left only a musical practice with Tikvah. Just when I thought I was really DONE and could go home to bed, I ended up in a parking lot ten minutes from home waiting on a tow truck. That last ten minutes took over two hours. Sigh. Some days are just like that.
But you know, it could have been so, so much worse. It could have happened when we were out of town today, or when I had all the kids with me. It COULD have happened last Thursday when it was cold and nasty, instead of today when it was sweater weather. It could have prevented our dossier from actually going out today, but it didn't. With another adoption on the horizon, van repairs are NO WHERE in our budget, but I expect even that will somehow work out. I'm thankful to have the dossier sent, and to be HOME at last! Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment