After my total mad dash to get the pre-approval papers in for China, I took a well-deserved day off Wednesday, and Chrissy came for a nice, long visit. She and two of her adorable girls were able to stay for lunch. I'd lost touch with most people over the past month, and its good to be back in social mode again. God has blessed me wish such wonderful friends in Cincinnati!
While I fielded a few phone calls, there wasn't much typing. My arms were thankful for the rest. The phone calls were all aimed at finding our initial paper packet for the homestudy. These left via certified mail on Thursday, and as of the following Wednesday had not been received. The homestudy office manager was able to find the packet taking a vacation in the local post office. Whew. We are on track again there. She has ordered our criminal background checks with the state of Ohio and sent out yet another list of documents to acquire and things to accomplish. While I don't have that list in hand yet, I know some of the requirements, and will be working on two of them today - a certified copy of our marriage license and my birth certificate. Remember, China requires these documents to have been issued in the last six months? Since both of these events happened in the good ole USA they shouldn't be too complicated, or take long to receive, right?
The only typing of the day was to the "other" agency asking them again to consider transferring Ella's file if their recent newsletter feature of her did not have the desired results of finding her a family. Yes, I ABSOLUTELY plan to keep bugging them until she is placed with someone - whether it is us or another family.
The big deal of the day is to start making big progress on the house. While the main level looks really pretty good, disaster lurks in the upstairs and the basement! We took on a major reorganization project just before we found out how FAST those papers had to be sent in. The piles had to just stay where they fell at that point. I figure I have until the mail comes on Saturday before the next round of paperwork really hits us. Here's hoping the stuff can go back IN the shelves (or better yet, out the door!) nearly as quickly as it came out of the shelves.
No comments:
Post a Comment