Sunday, March 3, 2013

Metamorphosis

met·a·mor·pho·sis:  A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.

I have been pondering Psalm 37:4 the past few weeks.  It is a popular verse that most of us have memorized.  "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."   The adoption process has made this verse take on a whole different dimension for me.  I've found that my delight in the Lord doesn't magically make everything I desire come to pass, but rather it changes the desires of my heart.

There has been a metamorphosis of sorts going on in me over these past eight months.  At times it happened so gradually that I didn't realize it was even happening. Who can possibly explain how I can love these two little girls so much when I've never even met them?  Adoption is a strange phenomenon.







No comments:

Post a Comment