Since we feel that Jen's needs are more severe than Abigail's she got the first appointment this week. Unlike the terror she experiences at most doctor appointments, she did really quite well here. It is more of a playground than clinical atmosphere and she had a good time! She is pictured above with her speech therapist.
We took a break for lunch, and guess what the closest place happens to be? IKEA! They love going to IKEA!
I'm feeling positive about the experience, and have already started some recommended exercises with Jen at home. She is scheduled to be casted for orthodics next week to keep her from walking on the top side of her feet. I cannot wait to see her little feet stay flat on the floor, and their bruising STOP!
Today is Miss Abigial's day and I'm hopeful that her experience will be as good as Jennifer's. Yay for therapy!


I am so glad they enjoyed it. They are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHi There. I clicked on your blog from the advocate site. You and I have some things in common, married at 18 in 1980, had to move to another state and leave grown older children, two younger adopted kiddos. It's nice to "meet" other similar families through blogs since I don't know any personally. Take care.
ReplyDeleteDebbie