Friday morning came VERY early as we found ourselves in the van at 4 AM and heading to Indianapolis. While I am certain that there are very capable pediatric dentists in Ohio, we've loved and trusted ours for over a decade. When it came right down to it we couldn't make the switch after we moved. Because of the amount of restoration that needed to be done he recommended doing it while they were under general anesthesia. We arrived at the surgical center right on time at 6:30 AM. The girls were fairly calm, albeit somewhat confused as to why we got them out of bed so early and put them in the van in their pajamas!
Jen was the first one on the schedule. She was the more nervous of the two, and fussed a bit beforehand.
She came out of the anesthesia very well, and was fairly cheerful when it was all done. They were not able to save a couple of the teeth that were supposed to have had root canals.
Abigail was the opposite. She was all cheerful before the surgery, excited for her turn to ride on the wheeling bed, and waved goodbye all the way down the hall. She had only one tooth that could not be saved. This Little Princess was NOT happy when she came out of recovery though and just wanted to GO HOME!
I believe they may have sprung us a little sooner since Abigail was so insistent that we leave. It was a long drive back to Cincinnati, and we had to pass the barf bucket around more than once. (I really began to question my sanity on keeping our old dentist at this point.) We arrived back home right about noon.
The Little Princesses continue to be opposites. Jen played happily (well except for being miffed that they took her teeth) but Abigail fought nausea for the rest of the day. Thankfully when Saturday dawned, they were both back to normal.
I am so glad to have the dental issues behind us. They both had a lot of decay and must have been uncomfortable living with those mouths!


Poor things. I'm glad they've had this done and are certainly feeling better. I can't imagine having a mouth full of cavities and decay and no help for it. :(
ReplyDeleteThe first night we had C, I could tell no one had ever brushed her teeth before, as she totally freaked out when I tried it. But by some miracle, her teeth were fine and no immediate work needed. A God thing, for sure.
Such a sweet blessing for them that they were able to get dental work done. I am new to your blog. Your princesses all 3 on the picture up top are Cant remember how I came upon your blog. Possible from No greater joy mom ugh sorry cant remember.
ReplyDeleteerika
Welcome, Erika!
Delete