Sunday, October 6, 2013

We meet at last!

As the Disney song goes, "It's a small world after all...." and the Internet has made the world even smaller!  As I've walked the international adoption path I've met many wonderful people.  A few of them contacted me when we were in the early stages of process with The Little Princesses to say they had been praying for our Abigail to find her family.  From my experience, sometimes we read the story of a child, and even though we cannot adopt them ourselves, the child still holds a piece of our heart.  (I pray for a couple of those "other people's kids" myself!)  Our Miss A was one of those children for Janice.

Janice was my cheerleader during the process, and has been a great encouragement to me.  She has so enthusiastically supported our fundraisers that I've jokingly asked her how she will get her Christmas shopping done in 2014 without us having fundraisers!

A couple of weeks ago Janice, her husband John, and their sweet little Emily traveled to Cincinnati for medical tests. It was so sweet to meet them in person, and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit!  Thanks, Janice for taking time out of your busy day to stop in for a couple of hours.  I hope we can do it again soon.


2 comments:

  1. It was so great to see all of you. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us visit! God is so gracious and good. We felt so incredibly blessed to meet all of your girls and can't wait to see Isaac home too. Hope to see you again sometime! Blessings to you, my friend!! - Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord. I, too, thank Him for such good friends!! --Mom

    ReplyDelete