I've featured Lance on the blog before. He seems like such a great kid! Where is his Mama??? Here is more about him from his advocate:
Just heard that Lance has a private grant available! Would be a
really helpful amount for a family! Read here a cool story from when he
was at camp in the summer:
Lance! A boy known for a huge smile
on his face and who has captured the love of all the volunteers at
Taiyuan Camp. Although he is diagnosed with CP and doesn’t have
capabilities such as running, this hasn’t stopped him from having the
time of his life at camp. He loves singing at the top of his lungs and
like all other boys, squirting everyone in the pool with water guns.
While we were sitting outside of our apartment wondering how to
transport Lance to the assembly hall (his legs were tired), a man who
owns a business living in our camp apartments offered to give Lance and
his friends a ride in a big van. Lance couldn’t believe we got to ride
in this van and kept telling the business man “Thank You!” As we
started to drive off, he exclaimed real loud with a big smile on his
face, “Wow! It’s like we’re a real family!”
More here!! defendfoundation.org/lance with photos and videos!! :)
and even more here on his Reece's Rainbow fundraiser http://reecesrainbow.org/66346/laurence
UPDATE! Jan 2014 - Lance has a family!!!!

Randi-I just noticed on that Lance/Laurence is listed on the 'My Family Found Me' page on Reece's Rainbow website!!! I'm not sure if you knew, so I thought I'd mention it!
ReplyDeleteYes! His advocate told me a few days ago. I should really do an update here, huh? Wonderful news!!
Delete