I heard from our China case manager today that our dossier is now listed as TRANSLATED! What does this mean? Our dossier arrived in China written in English. The people there had to translate it into Chinese so it can be reviewed. This was referred to as OOT or Out Of Translation last year under the old computer system. Now it is simply called "translated."
I was led to believe the "norm" for translation was two to four weeks. You can imagine my surprise when I found out that for once our papers actually moved faster than expected! It was only eight days! Now we wait for our review and LOA (Letter of Acceptance). Those are all over the board from just a few days and up. I saw someone online today who had waited almost (GULP) two hundred days! The typical wait is four to six weeks after translation.
The "translated" status isn't all the good news we received today. I mentioned a few weeks ago that our agency had said to expect a "hiccup" in our processing since we have already adopted two children on our dossier. It was confirmed to them by the CCCWA that there should not be any issue with adopting the two girls and reusing the same dossier to adopt one more child. Whew! It is nice to cross that concern off the list.

Yay thank you Jesus for these wonderful sweet blessings. Praying for your review and LOA to go through speedy too. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. :)
ReplyDeleteERIKA