Thursday, November 12, 2015

Book review: Luther and Katherina


Luther and Katharina: A Novel of Love and Rebellion

You may have read about the Reformation Day Festival that our family went to a couple of weeks ago.  This is something we enjoy every year.   After doing some research on Katharina (Luther's wife) for our Reformation Day project last year, she is definitely a lady of interest.  The woman behind the man.... but she was a strong woman with lots of ideas and projects of her own!  I jumped at the chance to review this book.

This historical fiction workgives us a look at how things might have been as Luther and his Katie became a couple, but who actually knows?  The portrayal in this book isn't how I personally imagined it happening, but I enjoyed an alternate view and it was a very good read.  Do note: along with this time period of history comes a certain amount of violence and subject matter that isn't child friendly.  I wouldn't recommend this in any way as a book for children or youth as some of the theme matter is pretty disturbing.  It is intended as a book for grown ups.

 ** I received a complementary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment