Once a month the younger kids get together with a group to learn about a country. This month the country was Israel. After hearing about it and watching a slide presentation it was time for hands-on!
Cooking time was up first. Their table made falafel, while others made hummus still others chopped ingredients to go along with the dish. While the falafel was cooking, they learned a "nonsense" song that children play in Israel. This was complete with lots of hand action. I wish I had pictures, but I was too busy keeping Jen upright! LOL!
Our art project was mosaics. Jen chose a vase, and Pat and Abigail chose a trivet.
At this point the falafel was done. They ate it along with flat bread and hummus. All three liked the falafel they had made. I thought Jen would be
the one not to like the hummus since she has the tendency towards
texture issues, but she and Pat ate it all. Poor Miss A, in spite of
LOOKING like she is really going to chow down on it, ended up gagging -
literally.
They have such fun at these classes and the staff at Greenacres Foundation are just the best!




No comments:
Post a Comment