Thursday, March 10, 2016

MORE Document Drama

About eleven o'clock this morning I received a call from our courier in New York informing me that my husband's health form had been rejected by the Chinese embassy because a portion of the side of the notary's stamp wasn't on the form.  Even though the entire stamp from this same notary was on MY health form, and the stamp on his actually showed all the information they needed, it was still rejected.

This presented me with several challenges.  I called our doctor's office and they were willing to complete another form quickly, but didn't have another copy.  They wouldn't accept an email.  As you may recall from my last post my van is GONE.  I tried several things and finally at noon our time, our agency on the west coast opened.  Our China case manager was able to fax the needed form to the doctor.

Next problem -- the doctor wouldn't release the form without my husband's signature allowing it.  He took off work, and went to get the form to bring it to me. Since his car isn't trustworthy to make a long trip I rented a car online in the meantime (to be paid for when I picked it up) intending to get the car on the way out of town.

BUT THEN the rental place wouldn't give me the car because my card is a debit card.  Ethan had to appear with his actual credit card to rent the thing.  At this point I was beginning to sweat because the day was tick, tick ticking away and I still had ninety miles to drive to get the state seal on the document.

The weather was also a definite factor today. Being foggy and rainy made it another white knuckle trip. BUT I arrived at the Secretary of State's office with actually an hour to spare.  After having the document certified I took it to FedEx in Columbus (not risking getting back home in time to send it!) copied it and sent it all overnight on to the courier.

We have lost a few days over this, but I'm thankful that I was able to get the redo out so quickly in spite of all the complications.  Please pray that our dossier actually gets authenticated this time and that the rest of the process goes quickly.  I continue to be concerned for Little Miss' health, and the effect these delays may have on it.



2 comments:

  1. Praying

    God bless you


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my prayers. Had to smile because I was rushing to FedEx yesterday to overnight our I800. Yes, every day counts. We are in process to bring home a sibling group to 3 from the Philippines. We will be up to 13 kids so I hear you about the van. Ours sets 12 and at times we still take two vehicles. Keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete