So began the hunt for hats and mittens and snow pants and boots.... I was feeling very lucky indeed that we had a pair of boots that would actually fit over Jen's AFOs. (plastic braces on her feet and legs.)
And out we all went into the cold.
Isaac stopped to trade out his new wheelchair for his old one. He uses the old one for outdoor play.
Four happy kids! Tikvah headed to the back yard to have a snowball fight with some neighborhood kids, while her younger siblings stayed in front to slide down our small hill.
Just imagine the FUN these three had! They are all from the southern part of China, so in terms of climate think Florida. Yeah, it was a wonderland!
Soon Tikvah and her friends wanted a warm up break. Abigail thought that was a grand idea too and came in for hot chocolate, soup and sandwiches.
But my two who have mobility issues, THEY could not be convinced to come in. The fast and smooth movement is something they don't have a lot of in their lives and they crave it. They went down this small hill so many times, playing happily for another hour or so!
Here is a little two second video that I accidentally ended up with. Apparently Jen was the ringleader. Amazingly, it was timed perfectly to hear her say, "Ready?" to Isaac.
They finally tired - I can't imagine the energy they burned dragging themselves back UP with their little sleds. They had an amazing afternoon!
Here I am thankful we didn't get the snow in Oregon yet and your probably thankful you didn't get the snow that Buffalo New York has, but what a sweet blessing the snow is for Isaac never getting to experience it yet. :) I hope you all have fun in the snow.
ReplyDeleteGod bless
Erika