Monday, April 14, 2014

A Boy and His Basketball...

We've been blessed with some lovely, spring weather the past few days, so we've been outside enjoying it!  On Friday we decided it was time to find our boy a place to shoot some hoops.  Since our driveway is too steep for a basketball hoop, we went to check out the local parks.  


We discovered one just a few miles from our home.


The playground was fenced off as they were doing some construction on it, so the girls went to the court to cheer on Isaac.



Or......not.  Tikvah discovered it was also a good day to read in the great outdoors.


Isaac seemed happy to get his hands on a basketball again.


 And I'm telling you, the Prince is GOOD!  He made a large percentage of the shots!


3 comments:

  1. I followed Isaac (or Peter as he was back then) for quite awhile last year, before your lovely family came into the picture. I remember reading (via Orphan's Wish) about how much he loved playing basketball. I've been thinking about that quite a bit in the middle of the nights lately and have been meaning to try to contact you to see if there was anything my family could do to help him get a basketball hoop at your home! I am so happy to hear that at least there is a park nearby with a hoop! Maybe he'd like a little nerf hoop in his room! I remember my brother playing with one of those CONSTANTLY when he was a teen! Take care and thanks again for sharing!!! - Angelia Squires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought of getting him involved in a wheelchair basketball team with other children his age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! We're in contact with the Spina bifida association locally and are hoping to find a team for him. It seems it is "off season" right now as swimming is their current activity. He doesn't like that idea at all!

      Delete